File Request Authorization
File Request Authorization
Once we receive your written authorization accompanied by adequate payment to send your file, it is mailed within two business days. Office policy on releasing a credential file is as follows:
- Candidates must sign a general release form at the time of registration to be kept in their file. The general release form should be renewed each year.
- Candidates must issue a written, signed request each time a file is sent to an employer. By using a Credential File Request Form, your request will include the full contact name and address to ensure that your documents are sent to the appropriate authorities.
- Written requests can be submitted in person to the Career Center Office, OM-013, or mail requests to: Career Center, Canisius College, 2001 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14208. You may also fax your signed request to (716) 888-3212.
- The entire contents of the file will be sent unless otherwise requested by the candidate. The candidate is allowed to determine which letters are sent to prospective employers or graduate schools.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to follow up on credential requests. The Career Center will not assume responsibility for the failure of credentials reaching their destination when our internal records shows the file was sent as requested.
Scanned File Request Authorization
The Career Center will scan and electronically upload your credentials directly to an already established on-line application account by submitting the appropriate information on a Scanned Credential File Request Form.
Currently, the Western New York Regional Information Center (WNYRIC) On-line Application System includes Alden, Alfred-Almond, Cheektowaga , Erie 1 BOCES, Erie 2 BOCES, Frontier, Grand Island, Hamburg, Kenmore-Tonawanda, Lancaster, Lewiston-Porter, Maryvale Schools, Niagara-Wheatfield, Orchard Park, Orleans-Niagara BOCES, Pioneer Central, Scio, Starpoint, Tonawanda City, Wellsville and West Seneca. This list of school districts will continue to grow as more districts require electronic submissions.
Currently, Monroe 2 BOCES Online Web Recruitment System includes Brockport, Canandaigua, Churchville-Chili, East Irondequoit, Gates Chili, Greece, Hilton, Holley, Hornell, Monroe 1 BOCES, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES, Penfield, Pittsford, Rush-Henrietta, Spencerport, Wheatland-Chili and Williamsville.
- The first five (5) paper file requests are free after which a $5.00 fee per U.S. request and a $7.00 fee per international request will be charged. Payment is requested at the time of your written request or within 3 business days if your request is faxed.
- Scanned requests to WNYRIC will be charged a one-time $20.00 scanning fee. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order payable to Canisius College and must accompany the request.
- Scanned requests to Monroe 2 BOCES will be charged a one-time $10.00 scanning fee. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order payable to Canisius College and must accompany the request.
The Career Center reserves the right to suspend mailings of a file if there is a delinquent balance. Fee balances should not exceed $25.00 and should not remain unpaid for longer than one month.