Check-In Information for Summer New Student Orientation
Welcome Class of 2020 and New Transfer Students!
We hope that you have enjoyed your summer and are ready to begin this very important step in your life at Canisius College. New Student Orientation is just around the corner and in order to help you prepare, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Resident Freshmen & Resident Transfer students:
Resident Student Move-in will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Penfold Commons (Palisano Pavilion). Please follow the schedule provided to you by the Office of Student Life.
- You are highly encouraged to arrive early on Thursday, August 25, so that you will have plenty of time to move into and setup your residence hall room, check-in to New Student Orientation (in Science Hall Atrium), and begin your Orientation program.
- Bosch Hall & Dugan Hall residents are encouraged to arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway.
- Frisch Hall residents are asked to use Hughes Avenue, from Jefferson Avenue.
- Transfer Residents should arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway and proceed to the Palisano Pavilion to get your key.
Commuter Freshmen students:
- New Student Orientation check-in for all freshmen commuter students will begin at 10:00am in Palisano Pavilion.
Parking and Directions:
All students and guests are asked to park in the Science Hall Parking Ramp (corners of Jefferson and Delavan Avenues). The entrance to the ramp is on Jefferson Avenue. (Note: Resident students please proceed to your residence hall first for move-in. Once your car is unloaded, please park your car at the ramp.) A parking permit is not required during New Student Orientation. For directions to Canisius as well as a campus map, please visit our directions page.
Parents and Families:
Parents, guardians and families are invited to participate in the New Student Orientation festivities on Thursday.
At check-in, all students will receive an Orientation T-Shirt. We ask that all students wear this t-shirt to the Griffin Welcome Rally that will take place at Koessler Athletic Center (KAC) on Thursday.
The tentative schedule will be available soon on myCanisius, the student portal.
Canisius College Griff Pass (student ID card):
All students are required to have a Griff Pass.
To upload your photo:
- Log into myCanisius at with your username and password given to you at the time of your acceptance.
- “Click” on the Upload ID Card Photo button located on the left hand column of the portal page.
- Follow the directions listed.
- You will be notified by email once your photo has been approved.
To pick up your completed Griff Pass:
Before New Student Orientation
- Student can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
On August 25th – New Student Orientation
If you have uploaded your photo your card will be in your folder at check-in. All other students can pick up their student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety at any time throughout the day. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
After August 25th - following the Student Services Fair
You can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding New Student Orientation, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or at 716-888-2170.
We look forward to meeting you in August!