Health & Human
To qualify for admission, all students must:
- Complete the graduate admissions application.
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Submit one (1) official undergraduate transcript from each institution attended with the degree posted from the degree-granting institution.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Complete a phone or face-to-face interview with the program director, or his representative.
- Provide evidence of sufficient college-level coursework in the areas of anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, nutrition, and exercise physiology. Students who do not meet prerequisites may be required to complete additional undergraduate coursework.
- Provide a statement of purpose of approximately 500 words explaining your motivation for pursuing the MS in Health and Human Performance at Canisius College. The statement may be submitted in the essay section of the graduate application.
Admission: Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are considered as they are received for each term. We recommend submitting all materials required for admission at least 30 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin. Earlier application will ensure the best scheduling options, as some course sections may become unavailable. Terms are eight weeks in length, and students may start in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. The online application can be submitted with no application fee.