Master of Science in Health Information Technology
The School of Education's online Master of Science in Health Information Technology is designed for individuals with a bachelor’s degree who are currently working in health care, technology, healthcare policy, public health, or related fields.
The program combines healthcare, business, and information technology to advance healthcare professionals’ understanding of increasingly complex health care operations.
The 38 credit hour program requirements may be completed entirely online. There is no residency requirement on our campus. The program starts only during the fall semester, and the optional accelerated eight-week terms allow you to complete the program in less than two years by taking classes during the summer.
The program is ideal for working professionals and will prepare graduates to:
- Assume a leadership role in the emerging health care field.
- Understand increasingly complex health care operations.
- Serve others to help improve health care delivery.
- Obtain the skills needed to use health information as part of the decision-making and critical thinking necessary to work in the health care field.
- Gain marketable knowledge and skills in the health care environment.
- Work wherever health information is collected, organized and analyzed.
- Quickly contribute to the efficiency and productivity of a health care organization.
- Take certification exams from such organizations as Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
*This program is part of the Office of Professional Studies.
Contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about the graduate programs at Canisius College.