- Completion of the graduate admissions application.
- Submission of one (1) official undergraduate transcript showing completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average (3.0 in major courses)
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Provide a statement of purpose of approximately 500 words explaining your motivation for pursuing the MS in Health Information Technology at Canisius College. The statement may be submitted in the essay section of the graduate application.
- Submission of a current resume
International applicants who are citizens of non-English speaking countries are required to provide:
- Proof of English proficiency. The most common means is submission of an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 79 on the Internet Based Test (IBT)
- A transcript evaluation (1 official copy) from a service such as World Education Services (WES) which converts your degree into U.S. equivalents, i.e. degree equivalent, grades, course credits, etc. We may also accept the evaluation from other organizations providing this service.
Applying to the Program
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are considered as they are received for each of our terms. We recommend submitting all material required for admission at least 30 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin. Earlier application will ensure the best scheduling options, as some course sections may become unavailable.
The online application can be submitted for free.