Explore the Past to Understand the World Today
The history program at Canisius College is challenging and comprehensive, and prepares graduates for a broad scope of careers including law, business, journalism, public policy, the military, and museum studies. The history program provides an excellent foundation for graduate studies in such fields as law, urban planning, sports management, arts administration, medicine and pharmacy and education.
Students in the college’s history program develop the ability to:
- Proficiently present an argument
- Effectively process and analyze a variety of documents
- Adeptly put current issues in historical perspective
Why Study History at Canisius
- Many graduates of the Canisius history program pursue advanced degrees at such leading universities as Notre Dame, Harvard Law School, Queens University (in Belfast, Ireland), Clemson University, Drexel University, Northwestern University, the State University of New York at Buffalo and the University of Missouri.
- Seven history graduates have won Fulbright Scholarships to universities in Germany, Belgium and Canada.
- The History Department has 12 full-time faculty members, many of whom are nationally known in their fields. Several have published award-winning books and some are often called upon by the local and national media for their expertise.
Want more information?
Email Dr. Banchich, Classics Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor