Join the Best-of-the-Best, Academically Driven Students
The All-College Honors Program at Canisius offers an extraordinary educational experience to a diverse group of motivated, high-achieving students. This select group represents the top 10 percent of applicants to Canisius who excelled academically in high school and in college entrance exams. Graduates are consistently accepted into the nation’s top graduate schools and get jobs in their area of expertise.
The Honors Program provides a challenging environment that combines a rigorous curriculum with extra-curricular explorations to nurture the academic, social and emotional growth of students.
All-College Honors Program Highlights
- 21 All-College Honors students have been awarded Fulbright scholarships in the last 24 years.
- Honors graduates have also received Rotary Club scholarships, Jacob K. Javits fellowships, an Andrew M. Mellon fellowship, a Harry S. Truman fellowship and Schoenl Scholarships.
- Many Honors Program graduates pursue advanced degrees at top universities such as Harvard University Law School, Boston University, George Washington University, Syracuse University, Purdue University and University at Buffalo Medical School.
- Scholarly travel experiences bring classroom topics to life and are the perfect opportunity for socialize with fellow Honors students. Trips include the Shaw Festival, Stratford Festival, Chautauqua Institute, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Special Travel & Learn opportunities include Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, Boston and many other exciting destinations.
- The Canisius College All-College Honors Program is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council, the Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities and the Northeast Regional Honors Council.
- Honors students who reside on campus live on the on the second floor of Dugan Hall and in George M. Martin Hall which is a residence designated exclusively for Honors students.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor