Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Honors students will demonstrate academic maturity.
- Objective A: Take the lead in researching and writing the thesis;
- Objective B: Incorporate suggestions made by the thesis adviser;
- Objective C: Meet thesis deadlines.
Student Learning Goal 2
Honors students will exhibit strong critical thinking skills.
- Objective A: Identify salient arguments in the literature;
- Objective B: Gather, select, and organize credible evidence in crafting the thesis;
- Objective C: Draw warranted conclusions from the evidence presented;
- Objective D: Generate new ideas based on their research.
Student Learning Goal 3
Honors students will follow appropriate writing conventions.
- Objective A: Write the thesis in a clear and concise style;
- Objective B: Avoid most mechanical mistakes in writing the thesis;
- Objective C: Use an appropriate form of documentation in presenting the thesis.
Student Learning Goal 4
Honors students will operate in an intellectually honest fashion.
Objective A: Formally acknowledge all borrowed information and ideas in the thesis.