Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Information Systems majors will apply their understanding of Information Systems analysis and design principles to design and develop organizational systems.
- Objective A: Understand principles of systems analysis and design including the appropriate application of techniques to elicit and document user requirements of an information system;
- Objective B: understand the design principles of computer network architectures in order to be able to apply these principles to a business problem;
- Objective C: Apply principles of database design and effectively design database schemas based on conceptual business models.
Student Learning Goal 2
Information Systems majors will use information technology skills and principles to provide information for and to solve managerial problems.
- Objective A: Understand information technology (IT) project management principles in order to be able to apply these principles to a practical situation;
- Objective B: Apply concepts for effectively retrieving information from relational databases using ANSI structured query language (SQL).
Student Learning Goal 3
Information Systems majors will develop skills in application development and logic processing in order to develop information systems.
Objective A: Understand and apply application principles in order to be able to program or code a practical business problem;
Objective B: Understand and use logic and logical processing