Enhance Your Global Knowledge & Become Fluent in Multiple Languages
Globalization requires companies doing business today to seek employees who understand how business is conducted globally, speak a language in addition to English, and have world travel experience – all requirements in the International Business Program at Canisius College. This program will prepare you for the increasingly competitive and interdependent international business world. Grounded in business, foreign culture and language, all majors participate in study abroad.
Our international business professors are top educators and researchers actively engaged in field research, consulting, and teaching abroad. Research opportunities, such as the impact of border security on international trade, provide students with the opportunity to have hands-on learning as part of their degree work.
Why Study International Business at Canisius
- The Canisius International Business program is a member of the prestigious Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education
- International Business majors at Canisius can earn a double degree with European universities through the Atlantis Scholar Program.
- In the innovative MexiCanisius Imports project, students combine the study of Spanish with Mexican arts and crafts and North American business.
- The Canisius International Business Association works closely every year with the World Trade Center Buffalo-Niagara and the International Institute of Buffalo to run WorldQuest – an international trivia contest for Buffalo-area businesses.
- David Snyder, PhD, has spent a great deal of time teaching in Vietnam and says, “It’s really the best of both worlds. My time in Vietnam helps me learn more about its global market, their companies and cultural environment, which I am then able to share with Canisius students. At the same time, I contribute what I know about the Western ways of doing business to help the country move up the socio-economic ladder.”
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor.