The FacTS Center (Faculty Technology Services) was established to make academic technology services more accessible to full and part time faculty. It is part of Academic Computing within ITS.
The location in the basement Churchill Tower, adjacent to the Center for Teaching Excellence, allows for collaboration with events and services such as:
- Consultation in the effective use of technology tools for classroom use
- Instruction in using learning management software (ANGEL)
- Support for use of Instructional Technology Classrooms (ITCs)
- Support in the use of software
- Seminars/workshops in academic technology
- Assistance with multimedia teaching materials
- Training for effective use of laptops and instructional tools
The FacTS Center administrates ANGEL, which is automatically available for use in all courses.
All full and part time faculty are welcome to visit to have questions answered or to receive longer tutorials. Examples of topics which are often requested include the learning management software, Web 2.0 tools, blogs, plagiarism detection software, graphics and video editing, scanning, SMART Boards, clickers, PowerPoint and other Office software.
Instructional Designers in the FacTS Center provide assistance for online teaching and learning as well as faculty teaching face to face classes.
Academic Computing Staff/FacTS Center
|Leah MacVie||Instructional Designer|
|Mike Pastizzo, S.J.||Academic Technology Specialist|
|Joe Rizzo||Academic Technology Specialist|
|Steve Warszawski||Academic Technology Specialist|