Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- DVD players
- Color Televisions
- LCD Projectors and Screens
- Laptop Connectivity
- Wireless Microphones
- SMART Board (Interactive Whiteboard)
- Document Camera
- Classroom Lecture Capture
For more information visit "What's In My Classroom?"
3. Desire2Learn (D2L), a comprehensive learning management system, is available for all Canisius faculty and students. Campus users may log in either through the MyCanisius portal, or directly at d2l.canisius.edu. Within D2L, instructors may post syllabi, course announcements, course materials and assignments, and conduct online discussions, quizzes, or exams. New D2L users should consult our library of quick tutorial videos at our D2L resource site. Some instructors and students employ SoftChalk to create interactive lessons which can be easily accessed within D2L. SoftChalk includes built-in style sheets and tools for creating interactive learning games, quizzes, or pop-up text annotations.
4. Instructors and students are able to utilize GoToMeeting to hold virtual meetings for planning, and instructional purposes. GoToMeeting allows you to host an online meeting with up to 25 people. Using the web conferencing tool, you can share any application on your computer in real time. Also included in the Canisius license is GoToWebinar and GoToTraining. GoToWebinar allows you to conduct do-it-yourself webinars with up to 100 people. GoToTraining software allows you to hold interactive training sessions with up to 25 people.