CANISIUS ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH ESPN; STUDENTS TO PRODUCE LIVE ATHLETIC EVENTS. Click to Read More.
Report on the World Around You in New & Exciting Ways
Learn to tell the whole story in new and exciting ways through the Journalism major at Canisius. As one of Canisius’ newest majors, the journalism program has been created to prepare you for the most modern advances in journalism and cross-platform news and feature reporting, including:
- Interactive media
- Writing for digital media including social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogging)
- Web and mobile device design
- Video and audio production
No career has evolved more in the last 10 years, nor provided the extensive array of cutting-edge opportunities, as journalism has.
Why Study Journalism at Canisius
- Its curriculum constantly evolves with new technologies, making for an education that is cutting-edge and on-trend with the latest communication channels.
- The major is supported by modern facilities which include a recently upgraded, $250,000 HD overhaul of lab equipment and technology.
- The internship program is your key to success as it gives you the opportunity to apply classroom teaching and your skills to real-world experiences. The Buffalo News was able to upgrade their online reporting capabilities thanks in large part to the groundwork laid by Canisius’ journalism majors working as interns.
- Journalism is among the top five sought after college majors in the arts and sciences (journalism actually ranks slightly higher than biology), according to a recent College Board data report.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor