Board of Trustees Appoints Five New Members
BUFFALO, NY – The Canisius College Board of Trustees appointed five new members to fill outgoing positions. The new members will serve three-year terms, which begin July 1. The Canisius College Board of Trustees formulates and recommends policy to Canisius President John J. Hurley. The new Board of Trustees members are:
- John R. Connolly ’72, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Tecomet Inc., a contract manufacturer of precision-engineered medical devices and components, located in Wilmington, MA;
- Rev. Rocco Danzi, S.J., campus ministry chaplain at Saint Peters University in Jersey City, NJ;
- Hon. Lenora B. Foote-Beavers ’92, support magistrate for Erie County Family Court;
- Richard M. Gilbert Jr. ’84, MD, a board-certified urologic surgeon with Western New York Urology Associates LLC; and
- Dennis F. Strigl ’74, HON ’11, retired president and chief operating officer of Verizon Communications and past chair of the Canisius College Board of Trustees.
Officers for the 2013-2014 Canisius College Board of Trustees are Chair Edward Burke Carey ’69, president and chief executive officer of Carey Realty Investments Inc. in Columbus, OH; Vice Chair Ben K. Wells MBA ’82, retired chief financial officer at the Burger King Corporation; Secretary Erica C. Sammarco ’00, assistant to the president of Canisius College; and Treasurer Patrick E. Richey, vice president for business and finance and treasurer at Canisius College. Ann Woloszynski ’90, MBA ’94 will serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees. Woloszynski is the incoming president of the Canisius College Alumni Association and administrative vice president of model risk management at M&T Bank Corporation.
One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.