Learning Goals & objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Marketing Majors will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of marketing.
- Objective A: Identify the elements of the marketing mix and demonstrate knowledge about how they provide value to the end user;
- Objective B: Identify the elements of the promotional mix and demonstrate knowledge of their role in marketing;
- Objective C: Identify the stages of the product lifecycle and demonstrate knowledge of how marketing activities change as products move across the different stages.
Student Learning Goal 2
Marketing Majors will demonstrate an understanding of quantitative marketing techniques.
- Objective A: Demonstrate skill in performing pricing calculations;
- Objective B: Analyze marketing research data and communicate its results;
- Objective C: Demonstrate skill in deriving marketing insights from analyses of data and facts.
Student Learning Goal 3
Students demonstrate an understanding of domestic buyer behavior.
- Objective A: Demonstrate knowledge of learning processes buyers go through in purchase decisions;
- Objective B: Students will demonstrate they know how to apply knowledge about differences between buyers on culture, perceptions, preferences and behaviors for domestic marketing decisions.
Student Learning Goal 4
Students demonstrate an understanding of international marketing.
- Objective A: Demonstrate knowledge of the behaviors and influences on behavior for foreign buyers;
- Objective B: Demonstrate knowledge about the different market environments found in foreign countries;
- Objective C: Demonstrate understanding regarding how to adapt domestic marketing programs to the global market.
Student Learning Goal 5
Students demonstrate the ability to solve and communicate solutions to applied marketing problems.
- Objective A: Demonstrate the ability to create solutions to marketing situations that require multi-disciplinary integration;
- Objective B: Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate marketing programs and their performance.