Student candidates must fulfill the following requirements for the Counseling Programs:
- A completed Canisius graduate admissions application. You can apply online here.
- Submission of one (1) official undergraduate transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7. Transcripts may be sent to you or directly to Canisius College by your institution. If sent to you, they will be in a sealed envelope that should be forwarded to us unopened. Applications for candidates with less than a 2.7 cumulative GPA will be reviewed by the program director for an admissions decision and may include additional requirements (e.g., personal interview, GRE/GMAT, etc.)
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation from academic or work-related sources.
- Canadian students must also provide a completed Certification of Finances form.
Successful completion of the items below is required by the end of the first semester of study:
- Completion of the Counseling and Human Services screening process which include the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), a written autobiography, and an empathy test.
- An individual interview must be completed with the student’s academic advisor.
- These tests are scheduled quarterly. You can sign up for the screening on the 8th floor of the Churchill Academic Tower.
For more information, contact:
Graduate Education Office
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208