Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Medical Laboratory Science majors will possess the scientific knowledge and laboratory skills to be competent and contributing members of the health-care delivery system. (Science)
- Objective A: Demonstrate foundational knowledge in inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, immunology, and statistics
- Objective B: Understand the components of the diagnostic process and the role of the clinical laboratory; and
- Objective C: Perform and interpret results of clinical laboratory tests including: blood bank, urinalysis and other body fluids, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology.
Student Learning Goal 2
Medical Laboratory Science majors will effectively communicate audience specific medical and scientific information. (Communication)
- Objective A: Accurately record laboratory results;
- Objective B: Effectively communicate laboratory results to others; and
- Objective C: Use appropriate information to explain laboratory tests and results.
Student Learning Goal 3
Medical laboratory Science majors will demonstrate professional and ethical behavior. (Professionalism)
- Objective A: exhibit appropriate patient interaction and confidentiality;
- Objective B: Objective B: adhere to safety guidelines and regulations; and
- Objective C: demonstrate positive and constructive interactions with peers, medical team, and patients.