Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Medical Laboratory Science majors will possess the skills necessary be competent and contributing members of the health-care delivery system.
- Objective A: Demonstrate thorough understanding of structure and function of human body systems;
- Objective B: Possess a thorough understanding of the components of the diagnostic process and the role of the clinical laboratory;
- Objective C: Demonstrate professional attitude and conduct;
Student Learning Goal 2
Medical Laboratory Science majors will demonstrate proficiency in analytical skills (technical competency).
- Objective A: Obtain scientific data through a multitude of analytical methods;
- Objective B: Evaluate scientific data with respect to diagnosis of disease and maintenance of health;
- Objective C: Design and implement new analytical methods;
- Objective D: Critically analyze and apply methods from external sources.
Student Learning Goal 3
Medical Laboratory Science majors will effectively communicate medical and scientific information
- Objective A: Effectively prepare scientific reports and procedures;
- Objective B: Deliver critical data sets to health care team members;
- Objective C: Effectively assemble and present results of scientific research to the medical community;
- Objective D: Demonstrate ethical regard and respect for the privacy of patients and their health information.