Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Language majors will demonstrate effective skills at the ACTFL advanced-low level according to two Communicative Modes: Interpersonal and Presentational.
- Objective A: Actively and accurately negotiate meaning in fluent interpersonal communications.
- Objective B: Accurately and fluently present oral information, concepts and ideas in a cohesive manner to an audience.
Student Learning Goal 2
Language majors will critically analyze cultural production in the target language.
- Objective A: Assess, interpret and assign meaning to numerous types of cultural production including literature, film, essay, and art.
- Objective B: Place various types of cultural production in a wider cultural and historical context.
Student Learning Goal 3
Language majors will design and carry out an original project in which the target language is the major research tool and vehicle of expression.
- Objective A: Create a project that demonstrates comprehension of cultural productions indicated by a clear thesis and a developed argument.
- Objective B: Demonstrate a mastery of information literacy tools and the integration of secondary sources in his/her work.