Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Language majors will demonstrate effective skills at the ACTFL advanced-low level according to two Communicative Modes: Interpersonal and Presentational.
- Objective A: demonstrate literal and figurative comprehension based on authentic written and/or aural materials (Interpretative);
- Objective B: actively and accurately negotiate meaning in fluent interpersonal communications (Interpersonal);
Student Learning Goal 2
Language majors will critically analyze cultural production in the target language.
- Objective A: interpret how political, social, economic, geographic, and/or linguistic factors influence components of the target culture;
- Objective B: analyze the significance of artifacts created within the target culture as contributions made to the history of humanity.
Student Learning Goal 3
Language majors will design and carry out an original project in which the target language is the major research tool and vehicle of expression.
- Objective A: identify a diverse range of literary and artistic movements in their historical, social and political contexts;
- Objective B: apply critical thinking to interpret literary texts.