Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Spanish majors will demonstrate effective skills at the ACTFL advanced-low level according to three Communicative Modes: Interpretive, Interpersonal, Presentational.
- Objective A: demonstrate literal and figurative comprehension based on authentic written and/or aural materials (Interpretative);
- Objective B: actively and accurately negotiate meaning in fluent interpersonal communications (Interpersonal);
- Objective C: accurately and fluently present oral information, concepts and ideas in a cohesive manner to an audience (Presentational).
Student Learning Goal 2
Spanish majors will demonstrate knowledge of the target culture.
- Objective A: interpret how political, social, economic, geographic, and/or linguistic factors influence components of the target culture;
- Objective B: analyze the significance of artifacts created within the target culture as contributions made to the history of humanity.
Student Learning Goal 3
Spanish majors will demonstrate an ability to analyze literature written in the target language.
- Objective A: identify a diverse range of literary and artistic movements in their historical, social and political contexts;
- Objective B: apply critical thinking to interpret literary texts.