$2,000 scholarships are available to incoming freshman and transfer students. These scholarships are in addition to merit scholarships and are renewable for four years. It is not necessary to be a music major or minor to apply for a music scholarship.
- Admission to Canisius College as a full-time student Fall 2015 semester
- High school music performance experience (solo or ensemble)
- Scholarship application and reference letters
- Solo Audition (February, 2015)
- Vocal – Two contrasting styles of music (two classical or one classical and one musical theater) - Accompaniment required
- Instrumental – Two contrasting styles of music (selections of movements or etudes are acceptable) - Major and minor scales - Sight-reading
Include two letters of reference. One should be from a music teacher. Other suggested sources include high school principal, teacher, guidance counselor, community/church leader.
Applicants will be invited on campus for an audition and interview to be held February, 2015. The scholarship committee will make final selection of scholarship recipients. (Students residing outside a 300-mile radius may audition by CD. Call the music office for CD requirements.)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Active participation in one of the Canisius College performance ensembles
- Membership in the Arts Promotion Club
Application must be postmarked January 23, 2015.
Letters of application should be sent to:
Richard Falkenstein, Scholarship Chair
Fine Arts Department
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098