$2,000 scholarships are available to incoming freshman and transfer students. These scholarships are in addition to merit scholarships and are renewable for four years. It is not necessary to be a music major or minor to apply for a music scholarship.
- Admission to Canisius College as a full-time student Fall 2016 semester
- High school music performance experience (solo or ensemble)
- Scholarship application and reference letters
- Solo Audition (TBA – February 2016)
- Vocal – Two contrasting styles of music (two classical or one classical and one musical theater) - Accompaniment required - Sight-singing
- Instrumental – Two contrasting styles of music (selections of movements or etudes are acceptable) - Major and minor scales - Sight-reading
Include two letters of reference. One should be from a music teacher. Other suggested sources include high school principal, teacher, guidance counselor, community/church leader.
Applicants will be invited on campus for an audition and interview to be held TBA – February 2016. The scholarship committee will make final selection of scholarship recipients. (Students residing outside a 300-mile radius may audition by CD. Call the music office for CD requirements.)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Active participation in one of the Canisius College performance ensembles
- Membership in Music Scholars Club
Application must be postmarked January 22, 2016.
(Right-Click to save the link to your desktop)
Letters of application should be sent to:
Music Scholarship 2016
Fine Arts Department LY 406
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098