ROTC Commissioning at Canisius
BUFFALO, NY – The Army Reserve Officers Training Corp (ROTC) program at Canisius College will commission 11 cadets as second lieutenants during a ceremony on Friday, May 17 at 10 a.m. The ceremony will take place in the Montante Cultural Center, located at the corner of Main Street and Eastwood Place.
Six students attend Canisius College, three attend the State University at New York College at Buffalo and two attend the State University of New York at Buffalo. The Canisius students being commissioned are:
- Andrew J. Abramaitys, a psychology and criminal justice dual major, is assigned to the infantry branch and will serve in the National Guard in the 2-113 Infantry in New Jersey.
- Graham M. Born, a political science and urban studies dual major, is assigned to adjutant general corps and will serve in the Utah Army Reserves.
- Jessica M. Boss, a management/marketing major, will attend a Leadership Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) this summer and be assessed by the Army upon completion.
- David Gattie, a business management major, will serve in Basic Officer course this summer in Ft. Lee, VA before assigned to Ft. Campbell, KY.
- Patrick A. O’Loughlin, a mathematics and statistics major, is assigned to the infantry branch and will service on active duty in Ft. Bennington, GA.
- Peter A. Vongsphacdy, a communication studies major, is assigned to adjutant general corps and will serve in the 408th Human Resource Company in Tonawanda, NY
For more information, please call the Office of Public Relations at (716) 888-2790.
Canisius is one of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation and the premier private university in Western New York.