Stephen Chanderbhan, PhD Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Office: Tower 703
Ph.D., Saint Louis University
Areas of Specialization:
- Medieval Philosophy (spec., Aquinas)
- Moral Psychology
- Philosophy of Religion
Areas of Competency:
- Catholic Social Thought
- “Does Empathy Have Any Place in Aquinas's Account of Justice?” Philosophia 41.2 (2013): 273-288.
- “The Shifting Prominence of Emotions in the Moral Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas.” Diametros 38 (Special Issue on the Moral Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas and Contemporary Practical Ethics) (December 2013): 62-85.
- Co-translator(with Eleonore Stump) of Thomas Aquinas. De principiis naturae. In Thomas Aquinas: Basic Works, edited by Jeffrey Hause and Robert Pasnau, 2-13. Indianapolis: Hackett, 2014.
- Review of Thinking Through Feeling: God, Emotion, and Passibility, by Anastasia Philippa Scrutton. Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, April 15, 2012.
- PHI 101 - Introduction to Philosophy
- PHI 211 - Philosophy of Religion
- PHI 225 - Logic
- PHI 241 - Ethics: Traditions in Moral Reasoning
- PHI 252 - Happiness, Virtue, and the Good Life
- PHI 267 - Catholic Social Thought
- PHI 302A - Medieval Philosophy
- PHI 405 - The Problem of Evil