2011-2012 Pre-Med Acceptances
Canisius students matriculated at 15 different medical, dental, veterinary and pharmacy programs in the Fall of 2012.
In 2011-2012, 15 students were first-time applicants to allopathic and/or osteopathic medical schools; 14 of these students were accepted. Of these students, one has elected to wait until 2013 to begin medical school. The one first-time applicant not accepted for 2012 is completing a biomedical science masters degree. Additionally 6 of 13 re-applicants were accepted for 2012 and one student matriculated from our early assurance program. 20 students total matriculated at ten different medical schools.
All of the five freshmen and sophomore students who applied through Early Assurance Programs in 2010-2011 were accepted - one at University at Buffalo College of Medicine and four at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
About the entering class of 2012 :
- Canisius students entering allopathic and osteopathic medical schools majored in Biology (15), Biochemistry (1), Chemistry (2) and Political Science (1) and a double major in Biology/Psychology (1)
- 8 students elected to matriculate at SUNY Buffalo. This is the highest number in more than five years.
- Male: 55%, Female: 45%
- Students were from Amherst, NY (2); Binghamton, NY; Buffalo, NY; East Amherst, NY; Getzville, NY; Grand Island, NY; Jamestown, NY; Orchard Park, NY; Rochester, NY; Watertown, NY; West Seneca, NY (2); Williamsville, NY (3); Gilroy, CA; Athens, GA and Plymouth, MA.
Fall 2012 Matriculation
|Allopathic and Osteopathic Medical Schools||Number of Students|
|University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences||8|
|SUNY Upstate College of Medicine||1|
|Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA||2|
|Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, FL||1|
|Georgetown University School of Medicine||1|
|University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry||2|
|Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University||1|
|Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Georgia Campus||1|
|Kansas City University of Medicine||1|
|Saba University School of Medicine||2|
|University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (1 via Early Assurance)||2|
|Veterinary Medicine Schools|
|Royal Veterinary College, London||1|
|Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph||2|
|D'Youville College School of Pharmacy||2|
Students were also accepted to but did not choose to matriculate at:
- Creighton School of Medicine
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- University of West Virginia School of Medicine
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine
Please note that this information is based on applicants who worked with the Pre-Medical Center.