Professional & Technical Studies
Turn your associate's degree into a bachelor's degree
Canisius welcomes the opportunity to help you meet your educational and professional goals.
The Professional and Technical Studies (PTS) completion degree is designed for graduates with an Associate’s degree from accredited community or technical colleges to transfer into Canisius with a total of 60 credit hours. Students must then complete an additional 60 credit hours to earn a Bachelor of Science in Professional and Technical Studies. The additional 60 credits will include the Canisius core curriculum, which is an interdisciplinary study of science, social science, and humanities that best represents the goals and values of a Jesuit education. The balance of the core curriculum will be free elective courses, which a student may use in multiple ways to their advantage. (See program overview below)
Don’t have an associate’s degree?
Canisius will also accept applicants who have not completed a two-year degree. The number of transfer credits accepted will be determined on a case-to-case basis. Students will still be required to fulfill the minimum of 120 credits needed to earn a bachelors degree. The completion of the Canisius core curriculum will be required within those credit hours.
The Professional and Technical Studies program is housed in Professional Studies, within the School of Education and HUman Services.
- Affordable tuition
- Earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Professional and Technical Studies in 2 years with 60 transferable credits and 15-credit semesters *
- Transfer at full junior status with 60 transferable credits *
- Explore the opportunity to complete a minor
- Satisfy prerequisites for advanced study or graduate school
- Prepare for career change
- Receive a quality education in the Jesuit Tradition
* Students with an Associate's degree
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Lyons Hall 102
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098
Phone: (716) 888-2200
Toll free: 1-800-843-1517
Fax: (716) 888-3230