Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Students will demonstrate knowledge in selected discipline-specific content areas of psychology.
- Objective A: demonstrate knowledge in learning theory, cognition, and memory
- Objective B: demonstrate knowledge of sensation and perception, and physiological psychology.
- Objective C: demonstrate knowledge in the areas of clinical and abnormal psychology as well as personality theory.
- Objective D: demonstrate knowledge of social and developmental psychology
Student Learning Goal 2
Students will demonstrate abilities related to scientific inquiry in psychology.
- Objective A: demonstrate knowledge of basic research methods.
- Objective B: use basic statistics to test hypotheses and correctly interpret the results of their analyses.
- Objective C: think critically about psychological phenomena and research.
- Objective D: demonstrate the communication skills, information literacy, and technology literacy necessary for conducting and interpreting scientific psychological research.
Student Learning Goal 3
Students will demonstrate knowledge of psychological ethics and social responsibility.
- Objective A: demonstrate knowledge of the APA code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman research participants.
- Objective B: demonstrate knowledge of ethical guidelines within the context of academic and professional psychology.