General Transcript Information
Current students can login to myCanisius and print an unofficial transcript.
- Recent graduates (students who have graduated in the last five years), may print an unofficial transcript. You will need your username and password to login to this site. If you do not know your username or password, contact our Information Technology Helpdesk at 716-888-8340.
- We are unable to fulfill telephone or email requests.
- Transcripts are issued only at the written request of the student.
- If you are applying for a job or admission to another school and are required to submit all your credentials in one packet, we will send you the official transcript in a sealed envelope to include in your packet.
The transcript will be clearly marked: “Delivered to Student.” If the envelope is opened by anyone except the authorized agency or institution, the transcript is no longer considered official.
- An unofficial student copy can be requested for your personal use.
- Transcripts are released only when there are no student account/financial holds on your record.
Select one of the following options to request a transcript.
Option 1: Order Transcripts Online
Canisius College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide ordering through the internet. The National Student Clearinghouse provides online ordering service for our students, former students and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To order transcripts:
For Alumni with no current username and password, and Former Students:
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website to order your transcript.
- Select "I am an alumnus" option then from menu select order a transcript..
- The site walks you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- Although there is a nominal fee ($2.25) for each transcript recipient, you receive email confirmations of receipt, processing and mailing of your transcript. You can also track your order status or order history online. Your credit card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- If you need attachments sent along with your transcript, you can upload the document as part of your request
For Current Students:
- Login to myCanisius using your username and password.
- Under Online Tools, click on Email, Angel & Services
- Uner your Schedule & Registration menu select "Request My Transcript".
- From the Student Self-Service Site select “Order or track a transcript” option.
- The site walks you through placing your order, including delivery options. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- For current students there is no fee for this service.
- You receive email confirmations of receipt, processing and mailing of your transcript. You can also track your order status or order history online.
- If you need attachments sent along with your transcript, you can upload the document as part of your request.
For recent Alumni with a Canisius username and password.
- Login with your username and password to this website.
- Click on Student Services tab.
- Select Student Records option.
- To print an official copy of your transcript Select Academic Transcript option.
- In the Transcript type box select Student Transcript.
- Click on Submit button.
- Use the print function in your browser to print the unofficial transcript.
- To request an official copy of your transcript from the main Student Records menu select Request Transcript or Enrollment Verification option. You will be taken to our National Student Clearinghouse Self-service site.
If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service contact them via email at email@example.com or 703-742-7791.
Option 2: Use the Transcript Request Form
The preferred request method is online through the National Student Clearinghouse. This will provide you with email confirmations of your transcript order status. If you do not have a credit card, you can use the transcript request form to place your order. We must receive a signed request from a current student, former student or alumni to release a transcript.
- Complete the transcript request form in person at the Student Records Office. Please note there is no confirmation or tracking service available with this option
- Download the transcript request form and mail or fax the completed form to the Student Records Office. See information below. Please note there is no confirmation or tracking service available with this option.