The Disability Support Services Office provides a shuttle service to students who are registered with the office. The shuttle is offered as a service to our students, but is not considered an accommodation based on the Americans with Disabilities Act. This service is available for students that are permanently or temporarily registered with the DSS Office.
- The DSS Shuttle runs Monday through Friday during the academic year when classes are in session only.
- Arrangements for the DSS Shuttle should be made through the office. For registrations please call the office at (716) 888-3748 or stop in the office at Old Main 004. When making arrangements be advised that schedules must be coordinated with the schedule of other students already using this service. Students may need to be flexible with their pick-up and drop-off times. This may mean that your scheduled pick-up may be earlier than you would like or need, especially during high traffic hours. Also, all Canisius College vehicles must adhere to traffic laws, consider weather conditions and/or may need to respond to emergencies that may cause a delay in service.
- Students who need shuttle service beyond the hours available through the Disability Support Service office should call Public Safety dispatch (716) 888-2330 and arrange for a ride.
- The Public Safety shuttle runs until 2 a.m. The Public Safety vans have enough space for a student with a mobility issue to be able to access the van. In cases where the student is unable to access the van, the student should call the Public Safety dispatch (716) 888-2330 to arrange for an alternative method of transportation.
- For students in wheelchairs, shuttle service for afternoon and evening classes/events may be arranged through the DSS Office with at least two days notice. In case of an emergency, please call Public Safety (716) 888-2330 and they will assist with the situation.
If you should need to cancel, or reschedule a pick-up, please phone the DSS Office (716) 888-3748.