Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why choose Canisius' MS in Respiratory Care?
- With more than 75 years of experience in granting master's degrees, Canisius is one of the most respected schools in the region.
- The Canisius program offers the opportunity to specialize in one of two concentration areas: Respiratory Therapeutics or Respiratory Care Education.
- Canisius faculty have significant field experience, academic research credentials and connections with the professional community.
2. When can I start the program?
Terms are eight weeks in length with start dates in the fall, spring and summer. Course offerings are limited in the summer.
You select your start date when you file your application. If you are unsure of your start date, select the earliest one that you may attend. Should you be accepted and wish to change your start date, simply inform the Graduate Admissions office in writing of your new start date and the change will be noted on your file.
3. How long will the degree take?
The program is designed to be flexible. It may be completed in as little as one year or at your own pace.
4. Do I need to be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to apply for this program?
Yes, only RRT credentialed practitioners who possess a baccalaureate degree are eligible to apply for this program.
5. How do I apply?
You can complete a Graduate Application online for free. We recommend that you submit all application materials at least 30 days before your desired start date.