Student Academic Success Is Our #1 Priority
The Office of Student Success and Retention strives to coordinate campus wide efforts to provide appropriate student-centered guidance grounded in the Jesuit value of cura personalis.
The GRIFF Center for Academic Engagement provides assistance to students, parents and faculty in the following ways:
- Guide students toward solving problems and fostering awareness of college service and resources.
- Encourage academic progress and persistence.
- Support students who are off-track with summer school options through our Student Success Assistance Program.
- Guide students through the leave of absence and/or total withdrawal process when medically or personally necessary, and assisting with the re-entry process when a student on leave is ready to return.
- Provide support to students who choose to transfer from Canisius or leave the institution to pursue other life paths.
Parents & Faculty
- Supply parents with online resources that may help them support their student’s success.
- Support faculty with assistance in student issue resolution and providing a communication system for students of concern.
- Organize committees that facilitate planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a successful retention plan that relates to the college’s strategic plan.