Earn Your Degree, Then Proudly Serve Your Country
The Canisius College Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) develops leadership skills that last a lifetime. Whether your goal is to serve as a commissioned officer in the United States Army, or simply gain valuable, hands-on leadership training that will set you apart from the rest in the civilian job market.
You don’t have to join the Army to take ROTC courses. Because the program is an elective, you can major in any Canisius program and take basic courses at the same time without making a military commitment. Many of our students make the military commitment and find rewarding careers serving their country in various capacities all around the world.
Why Study ROTC at Canisius College?
- The Canisius College Golden Griffin Battalion is one of the top-ranked ROTC programs in the country. Additionally, the program was ranked as one of the top performers in Army Cadet Command’s 273 national units.
- The U.S. Army Cadet Command and the General McArthur Foundation unit ranked the unit 1st in the eastern United States for medium-sized detachments.
- Upon graduation of the full program, you are commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and make more than $30,000 the first year. You can also serve in the Army, Army Reserves, and the National Guard.
- Canisius ROTC graduates are stationed all over the world and work in areas such as military intelligence, nursing and medical service, signal corps, infantry branches, field artillery, and many others.
- Our students are scholars who keep their grades up, athletes who are physically strong and leaders who have a great desire to learn.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor