Learning Goals & Objectives – Sociology
Student Learning Goal 1
Sociology majors will demonstrate that they are able to think critically about sociological concepts.
- Objective A: apply scientific methodology to the study of sociology
- Objective B: evaluate the quality of quantitative and qualitative research in sociology
Student Learning Goal 2
Sociology majors will demonstrate that they have the knowledge necessary for careers or graduate school.
- Objective A: become familiar with the major concepts, theories, and theorists in sociology.
- Objective B: apply sociological theories and methods to real world situations.
Student Learning Goal 3
Sociology majors will appreciate the diverse nature of society.
- Objective A: conceptualize of diversity today and in the past.
- Objective B: recognize of the vastness of human diversity.