Sport Administration (MSA)
Rob Nugent, MSA '07
Corporate Sales Account Executive
Gain a Competitive Edge with a Master of Sport Administration Degree
The School of Education's Master of Sport Administration (MSA) program provides graduate students with skills to effectively manage in a wide range of sport-related enterprises including intercollegiate athletics, amateur and professional sports, sport-marketing firms, special-event management, and facility management.
The MSA program has several elements that make it unique:
- Quality - The program is one of only a few master's programs in the U.S. approved by the North American Society of Sport Management (NASSM).
- Flexibility – The online program is ideal for working professionals with demanding schedules who need to balance work, family and continuing their education. On-campus courses are held in the evening so you can continue to work full-time. You may begin either program during any of our three start terms -- summer, fall or spring.
- Internships - The capstone experience, the internship is designed to give students practical experience in a variety of settings in the sport industry. On-line candidates may complete the internship with a sport organization anywhere in the U.S. or internationally.
- Faculty Expertise - Our faculty consist of past and current leaders in the sport industry. They bring their expertise and network of contacts with others in the field to the classroom.
- Canisius MSA Network - Our network of more than 400 alumni and long-standing association with sport organizations and agencies leads to valuable internship and job opportunities.
Contact us today to learn more about our graduate programs.