Sport Management Learning Goals & Objectives
Learning Goal 1
Candidates in the UG Sport Management program will be capable of making business decisions and solving sport management problems using critical thinking skills.
- Identify issues, collect and analyze data, and summarize and present findings and conclusions.
- Demonstrate basic critical thinking traits.
Learning Goal 2
Candidates in the UG Sport Management program will be effective communicators.
- Prepare sport management document that is focused, well-organized and mechanically correct.
- Deliver a presentation that is focused and well-organized and includes appropriate verbal and nonverbal behaviors.
Learning Goal 3
Candidates in the UG Sport Management program will be knowledgeable about sport management business theory, concepts, methodology, terminology, and practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of financial and managerial accounting, economics, management, marketing, and finance.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the sport management discipline.
Learning Goal 4
Candidates in the UG Sport Management program will be leaders who are capable of making decisions with an awareness of ethics and change forces that affect sport management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective leadership skills.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Identify and consider ethical issues in a sport management setting.
- Identify and consider change forces affecting business.