Studio Art Scholarships
Numerous $2,000 studio art scholarships are available to incoming first-year students. The scholarships are in addition to merit awards and renewable for four years.
- Admission to Canisius as a full-time student for Fall 2014 semester.
- Submit scholarship application and reference letters.
- Submit a CD (Mac compatible and clearly labeled with your name) with 15 images (identify medium and year of completion near each image).
Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselor, community/church leader. One of the two letters should be from an art teacher familiar with the applicant’s work who can comment on the student’s developing art skills.
After review of completed application by the scholarship committee, students will be notified by mail.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Enter Canisius with intent to minor in studio art.
- Active four year participation in ArtsCanisius Promotion Club.
Completed application must be received at the address below by January 24, 2014.
Letters of application should be sent to:
Christine Walsh, MFA, Scholarship Chair
Fine Arts Department
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098