Studio Art Scholarships
Numerous $2,000 studio art scholarships are available to incoming first-year students. The scholarships are in addition to merit awards and renewable for four years.
- Admission to Canisius as a full-time student for Fall 2016 semester.
- Submit scholarship application and reference letters.
- Submit a link to your online portfolio (with password, if password protected) OR flash drive of 15 works in any medium, created within the last two years, labeled (your name, size, media, date completed).
Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselor, community/church leader. One of the two letters should be from an art teacher familiar with the applicant’s work who can comment on the student’s developing art skills.
After review of completed application by the scholarship committee, students will be notified by mail.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Enter Canisius with intent to minor in studio art.
- Active four year participation in ArtsCanisius Promotion Club.
Completed application must be received at the address below by February 1, 2016.
Letters of application should be sent to:
Studio Art Scholarship 2016
Fine Arts Department
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098