TO ENHANCE STUDENTS’ LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Students who study in a country where English is not the primary language will develop effective oral and communication skill in a foreign language.
- Students will gain new perspectives from their courses taken abroad.
- Students will engage in learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Students will learn to communicate appropriately and effectively with individuals from other cultures.
TO FOSTER PERSONAL GROWTH
- Students will develop independence and confidence by living in a foreign environment.
- Students will use critical thinking to analyze issues.
- Students will improve their problem solving skills.
TO DEVELOP DEEPER KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF CULTURES THROUGH CROSS CULTURAL IMMERSION
- Students will understand differences across cultures.
- Students will evaluate their preconceptions and stereotypes about other cultures.
- Students will become more open minded and sensitive towards people from other cultures.
- Students will become more aware of their own culture, identity and values.