Women's Business Center
Achieve Success With One-on-One Coaching
In our success-proven, year-long program, an experienced business coach will provide one-on-one guidance to help you grow your business to new levels of success. You will benefit from your coach’s expertise and ongoing counsel as you work together to develop a success plan, strengthen your skills, and build for the future. You will also have access to the extensive network of valuable contacts through Canisius and the WBC.
Classes begin in September and March and run for 12 months. Selection is based on the candidate’s application, need, and interview. In this program, participants are paired with successful business owners and professionals (coaches).
- Professional evaluation
- Bi-monthly meetings/training sessions (total of 6) with business experts
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with your coach
- Online website for current group
- Networking/exposure opportunities to area business leaders (ie. banking, consulting, marketing)
- Access to the resources of the entire coaching participants
- Be an established business, filing tax returns
- Personally manage and direct your business
- Have a business checking account
- Have a structured, tangible place to conduct business
- Have a formal business tax structure –DBA or corporation
- Be the primary business owner
Three Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely (SMART) goals will be determined by you. Through monthly meetings with your coach and bi-monthly roundtable presentations, you will work on achieving those goals.
In addition to the program investment, your time is the biggest commitment you will make. Plan on a minimum of eight (8) hours a month dedicated to working on your business, not in your business.
Annual work plan includes:
- Education roundtable meetings will be held on the third Thursday of November, January, May and July from 8 - 10 am. Roundtables scheduled for the third Thursday in September and March including special programming for graduating participants.
- Monthly meetings with your coach for a minimum of one (1) hour. Set your own times to meet with your coach for one-on-one meetings.
- Working assignments that require an additional 2-10 hours in preparation for your next one-on-one meeting with your coach.
Coaches are successful business owners and professionals who are leaders in their fields. All trained coaches are matched by the WBC executive staff.