Learning Goals & Objectives
Learning Goal 1
Students will be original thinkers who can re-envision how gender roles interact with social structures, time, race or ethnicity.
- Objective A: Distinguish the difference between sex and gender;
- Objective B: Interpret the ways social structures (such as religion and social class) impact women and men’s lives;
- Objective C: Explain how historical context interacts with gender roles;
- Objective D: Examine how race or ethnicity interacts with gender roles;
- Objective E: Analyze how socially-constructed gender norms influence power relationships experienced by individuals.
Learning Goal 2
Students will be problem solvers who investigate culture and society using the lens of gender and social justice.
- Objective A: Evaluate human interactions using gender as a framework;
- Objective B: Apply gender-bases analysis to offer solutions to issues in society and culture.