2015-2016 CANISIUS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN EXCEEDS GOALS
BUFFALO, NY – Canisius College’s 2015-16 annual campaign concluded on May 31 with $2,824,144.40 in commitments, 5,742 donors and 869 Leadership Society members. The college celebrated an increase of 690 donors and 53 Leadership Society members as compared to last year.
Canisius College’s inaugural Giving Day on April 27 played a pivotal role in the spike in donors overall. However, it is the total participation of alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff and corporate and foundation partners whose contributions throughout the entire year come together to make a Canisius College education possible for students.
The 2015-2016 Canisius Fund also hit the following milestones:
- The college added a total of 1,434 new donors this year, which is nearly 800 more than last year.
- The annual fund hit its unrestricted goal with $1,201,050.72 in commitments.
- The campaign concluded with 869 total Leadership Society members (donors who give $1,000 or more annually).
- The college’s Call Center finished the year with $40,000 more in gift commitments than last year.
- Faculty and staff giving participation increased by 10 percent over 2014-2015.
Canisius College is one of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation and the premier private university in Western New York.