Board of Trustees Appoints Six New Members
BUFFALO, NY – The Canisius College Board of Trustees appointed six new members on July 1. The new members fill outgoing positions and serve three-year terms. The Canisius College Board of Trustees formulates and recommends policy to Canisius President John J. Hurley. The new Board of Trustees members are:
- Sylvia A. Bennett, senior vice president of development and corporate communications for WNED/WBFO Buffalo;
- Martin J. Berardi ’79, chief executive officer for Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill;
- David S. Ciancimino, SJ, president of Canisius High School;
- Thomas R. Emmerling ’75, managing partner at Dopkins & Company LLP;
- Philip A. Florio, SJ, pastor and superior of the Jesuit community at Old Saint Joseph's Church, Philadelphia; and
- Cynthia E. Vance, partner at Jensen, Marks, Langer & Vance LLC.
Officers for the 2015-2016 Canisius College Board of Trustees are Chair Edward Burke
Carey ’69, president and chief executive officer of Carey Realty Investments Inc. in Columbus, OH; Vice Chair Christine M. Licata-Culhane ’67, MS ’71, EdD, senior associate provost at Rochester Institute of Technology; Secretary Erica C. Sammarco ’00, assistant to the president of Canisius College; and Treasurer Marco F. Benedetti, vice president for business and finance at Canisius. One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.