Board of Trustees Appointes Nine New Members
BUFFALO, NY – The Canisius College Board of Trustees has appointed nine new members. The new members fill outgoing positions and serve three-year terms. The Canisius College Board of Trustees formulates and recommends policy to Canisius President John J. Hurley. The new Board of Trustees members are:
- Pauline Costanzo Will ’93, partner, Bennett Schechter Arcuri & Will LLP;
- Kimberly A. (Bartkowiak) DeTrask ’95, senior vice president and global head of capital management for State Street Corporation in Boston, MA;
- Stephen F. Jackson ’82, MBA ’87, a partner with Ernst & Young LLP in New York, NY;
- Christopher M. Kelly ’83, a partner with Jones Day in Cleveland, OH;
- Mark J. Lema ’72, MD, PhD, chair of anesthesiology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute;
- Rev. Cyril P. Opeil, SJ, associate professor of physics at Boston College;
- Michael J. Todaro, executive vice president of mortgage, consumer lending and customer asset management for M&T Bank;
- Rev. Jeffrey P. von Arx, SJ, superior and director of the John LaFarge House (the Jesuit House of Studies) in Cambridge, MA; and
- Lillie V. Wiley-Upshaw ’91, former vice dean for student engagement and inclusion at the University at Buffalo School of Law.
Officers for the 2017-2018 Canisius College Board of Trustees are Chair Lee C. Wortham ’79, a partner with Barrantys LLC; Vice Chair John R. Connolly ’72, executive vice president and chief financial officer for Tecomet Inc.; Secretary Erica C. Sammarco ’00, associate vice president and assistant to the president of Canisius College; and Treasurer Marco F. Benedetti, vice president for business and finance at Canisius.
One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.