Board of Trustees Appoints Eight New Members
BUFFALO, NY – The Canisius College Board of Trustees appointed eight new members to fill outgoing positions. The new members will each serve three-year terms. The Canisius College Board of Trustees formulates and recommends policy to Canisius President John J. Hurley. The new Board of Trustees members are:
- Catherine A. Bolz ’85, MBA ’89, global head of benefits for Bloomberg LP in New York, NY;
- Christopher P. Devine ’98, chief financial officer for the Pyramid Hotel Group in Boston, MA;
- Francis M. Lazarus ’66, PhD, president emeritus for the University of Dallas, TX;
- Christopher F. Malof MBA ’96, managing director, senior portfolio manager and institutional consultant for The Arthurs Malof Group, USB Financial Services;
- (Ret.) Lt. Col. James E. McNicholas Jr. ’68, retired program administrator for the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps. (ROTC) in Buffalo Public Schools;
- Acea M. Mosey ’92, surrogate court judge for Erie County;
- Marya J. Propis ’91, insurance executive and consultant in New York, NY; and
- Anthony F. Shelley ’84, attorney for Miller & Chevalier in Washington, D.C.
Officers for the 2018-19 Canisius College Board of Trustees are Chair Lee C. Wortham ’79, partner with Barrantys LLC; Vice Chair John R. Connolly ’72, executive vice president and chief financial officer for Tecomet Inc.; Secretary Erica C. Sammarco ’00, associate vice president and assistant to the president of Canisius College; and Treasurer Marco F. Benedetti, vice president for business and finance at Canisius.
One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.