Canisius Board of Trustees Appoints Seven
The Canisius College Board of Trustees appointed seven new members to fill outgoing positions. The new members will serve three-year terms, which began July 1. The Canisius College Board of Trustees formulates and recommends policy to Canisius President John J. Hurley. The new Board of Trustee members are:
- Teresa M. Amabile ’72, PhD, Edsel Bryant Ford Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School in Boston, MA;
- Edward Burke Carey ’69, president of Carey Reality Investments Inc. in Columbus, OH;
- Michael A. Ervolina Jr. ’79, president of Value Home Centers;
- Rev. Louis T. Garaventa, S.J., history teacher at Xavier High School in New York, NY;
- Ronald A. Raccuia ’90, president of Integrity Office/ ADPRO Sports;
- James E. Sherwood ’68, PhD, executive dean and campus CEO of Suffolk Community College in Seldon, NY; and
- Lawrence J. Vilardo ’77, partner at Connors & Vilardo LLP.
Officers for the 2012-2013 Canisius College Board of Trustees are Chair Catherine M. Burzik ’72, president and CEO of Kinetic Concepts Inc. in San Antonio, TX; Vice Chair Edward Burke Carey ’69, president of Carey Reality Investments Inc.; Secretary Erica C. Sammarco '00, assistant to the president of Canisius College; and Treasurer Patrick E. Richey, vice president for business & finance/treasurer at Canisius. Jennifer S. Farrell ’98, JD, attorney and partner at Farrell & Farrell and president of the Canisius College Alumni Association is an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees.
One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.