Canisius Offers Project Management Certification Course
BUFFALO, NY – The Canisius College Center for Professional Development, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst, will offer a Project Management Certification Course Thursdays, September 27 toDecember 13, 2012 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The course, which prepares participants for the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam, is intended for experienced managers who would like to solidify their skills, stand out to employers and maximize their earning potential. The course covers knowledge areas defined in PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and is not an introductory course in project management.
- Learn the knowledge areas defined in the PMBOK
- Initiate and plan a project (scope, work breakdown structure, etc.)
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates and budgets
- Plan project procurement and execute project work
- Monitor and control project work, schedules, costs, quality, staffing and communications
- Monitor and control project risk and contracts
- Close the project
The course fee is $1995. For registration information, contact the Center for Professional Development at (716) 888-8490 or visit the website.
One of 28 Jesuit colleges in the nation, Canisius is the premier private college in Western New York.