Canisius Presents October ArtsCanisius Programs
BUFFALO, NY – ArtsCanisius presents the following performances, which are free and open to the public:
- Thursday, October 4 – Composer-in-Residence Lecture/Performance at 2:30 p.m. in the Montante Cultural Center. Canisius Composer-in-Residence Persis Vehar will discuss “Music History’s Influence on a NOW Composer, Part 1.”
- Monday, October 15 – Meet-the-Faculty Recital at 12 p.m. in the Montante Cultural Center featuring Brett Shurtliffe, string bass; and Eric Snoza, guest, string bass. Shurtliffe and Snoza will play music from across the centuries for the double bass.
- Thursday, October 18 – Art Lecture by Eileen Sullivan, art conservator, at 2:30 p.m. in the Regis Room North of the Richard E. Winter ’42 Student Center. Sullivan’s lecture is entitled, “Art Conservation and the Paintings Conservation Treatment of Paolo Veronese’s Annunciation.”
- Thursday, October 23 – Meet-the-Faculty Recital featuring Roland E. Martin, organ; at 8:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s University Church, 3269 Main St., Buffalo.
- Friday, October 26 – Meet-the-Faculty Lecture/Recital featuring Stuart Fuchs, guitarist and adjunct professor of music, at 3:00 p.m. in the Montante Cultural Center. Fuch’s music lecture is entitled “Following Your Heart, Doing What You Love: Road Stories from a Non-Weary Music Traveler.”
- Monday, October 29 – Meet-the-Faculty Lecture featuring Tom Wolf, photographer and adjunct professor of fine arts at 12:00 p.m. in the Regis Room South of the Richard E. Winter ’42 Student Center. Wolf’s lecture is entitled “Breaking Cliché: Travel Photography that is Unique.”
The ArtsCanisius series at Canisius College presents concerts by professional musicians, including members of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and Canisius faculty, art shows and lectures by professional artists, as well as student recitals. For more information, contact the Fine Arts Department at (716) 888-2536 or visit the website.
One of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York.