Women's Business Center Offers Social Media Learning Labs
BUFFALO, NY - The Canisius College Women’s Business Center (WBC) will offer social media learning labs at the Canisius College campus, 2001 Main Street in Buffalo. The program is designed for those new to social media as well as seasoned professionals. Learning labs will include:
- Twitter from Soup to Nuts on Wednesday, May 23 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Regis Room South. Participants will learn how to put Twitter to work for their businesses in this basic course. Lab participants should be a laptop or preferred device, if desired, and create a Twitter login and password prior to class.
- Facebook and other Emerging Media on Wednesday, July 25 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Regis Room North. Participants will learn step-by-step how to use Facebook to benefit their businesses. An introduction to the new Facebook layout is included in this lab.
- LinkedIn and YouTube on Wednesday, September 26 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Regis Room North. Participants will learn to use two of the most common social media platforms to get the word out about their businesses.
- Blogs and Blog Promotion on Wednesday, November 14 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Regis Room North. This lab is intended for those who are interested in starting a blog or want to improve their results on an existing blog.
- Is Your Company Ready for Social Media? on Wednesday, January 23 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Regis Room South. For participants who have learned the learned the basics of social media, this lab will help them determine if their companies are ready undertake social media campaigns.
- Social Media, PR and Branding – What Does All This Mean for Your Business? on Wednesday, March 20 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in theRegis Room South. Participants will learn how integrated marketing has incredible power to target key audiences with relevant, credible information.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – April (Details TBA). Participants will learn how marketing is shifting from broadcast to micro-segmented relationships. All of this impacts both off-line and on-line marketing.
The cost is $50 per session or $325 for all seven sessions. For more information, call (716) 888-8280 or visit socialmediabizsummit.com.
The Canisius College Women’s Business Center is Western New York’s premier resource for women-owned business. The WBC provides entrepreneurs and small business owners the critical skills, knowledge, support and tools to increase their success and positively impact the economic development in their communities.
Canisius College is one of 28 Catholic, Jesuit colleges in the nation and the premier private college in Western New York. Canisius prepares leaders – intelligent, caring, faithful individuals – able to promote excellence in their professions, their communities and their service to humanity.