Professor Janet McNally is a graduate of Canisius College and the University of Notre Dame (MFA), and is a novelist and poet. She has published two young adult novels, The Looking Glass and Girls in the Moon, and a prizewinning collection of poems, Some Girls. Professor McNally teaches creative writing classes in both poetry and fiction, including young adult fiction, and loves talking with students about being a working writer. She often directs creative honors theses, in which students produce story or poetry collections. In addition to creative writing, her teaching interests include contemporary American fiction and poetry, American immigrant writers, rock & roll and literature, and contemporary retellings of myths and fairy tales.
- New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship in Fiction, 2015 and 2018
- White Pine Press Poetry Prize, 2015
- Dean’s Summer Grant, 2015 and 2018
- Summer Faculty Research Fellowship, 2016
- The Looking Glass, novel, HarperTeen/HarperCollins 2018
- Girls in the Moon, novel, HarperTeen/HarperCollins 2018
- Some Girls, poems, White Pine Press, 2015