WNY Prosperity Fellowship Application
The Western New York Prosperity Fellowship Program was established by the Prentice Family Foundation to provide unique educational and career opportunities for students in financial need as well as to have a positive impact on job creation and economic development in Western New York.
The fellowships are intended for juniors, seniors and graduate students who are committed to the Western New York community and are preparing for careers that will further economic development and job growth, particularly in the Western New York region. A demonstration of committment to and an interest in economic development and job growth of the WNY region, and alignment to the mission of the WNY Prosperity Fellowship, will be considered essential for successful candidates. In addition, each applicant must commit to work in Western New York for two years at some point within a decade of attaining his/her degree.
Complete applications are due by February 11, 2019. All items below are required for your application to be considered:
- Completed application form:
a. Click here for Undergraduate Application
b. Click here for Graduate Application
- Resume uploaded with application
- **Self-nominating letter uploaded with application (Word count limit: 500-800 words)
- One letter of recommendation sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by your reference
- Completed 2019 – 2020 FAFSA Form by March 1st. (Click here to access the FAFSA website.) Failure to complete this form will result in removal from consideration for the Fellowship.
**The self-nominating letter should include the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your commitment to Western New York
- Relevant experience, civic and leadership potential
- How you will actively, upon graduation, contribute to the region's future
- Address your intended future professional plans and how those plans will actively contribute to the economic growth and prosperity of Western New York. Please be specific about how your plans will relate to job growth in Western New York.
- Note: Word count limit is 500-800 words
Review of applications will begin on February 13, 2019.