Canisius College will celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2020. In this long history, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry Department sevolved in its early days, during the time when the College began on Washington Street in Buffalo until moving to its new building at 2001 Main Street. Once in Old Main, the Department developed its own identity, and in 1937 it found a home in the Horan O’Donnell Building.
Many thanks to Professor Emeritus Joseph Bieron for undertaking the process of writing a history of the Department. The first draft of the Department history can be found in the links below. Please share any comments about the history and stories about the Department (all stories are worth sharing) with Joe at email@example.com. Stories will form the basis for the eventual Chapter 11.