Admissions Requirements - Forensic Accounting
- Rolling admissions with Fall, or part time Spring starts
- Applicants must hold undergraduate accounting degree
- Students can take classes on a full or part-time basis
Applications will be processed when they are submitted, although an application cannot be reviewed for a final decision by the Admissions Committee until all materials are submitted:
- Free Online Application including essay
- An official transcript from each college attended
- Current resume
- Official GMAT (code 345-Q9-58)
- Optional - Work Experience and Letters of Recommendations
*GMAT requirement can be waived for Forensic Accounting if:
- Applicant has already obtained their CPA
- Applicant has already completed a master’s degree
- Applicant graduated from Canisius College securing a Bachelor of Science degree in the Richard J. Wehle School of Business with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better, within the last seven (7) years
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
- A score of 6.0 on the IELTS will be evaluated for admission based upon on other criteria such as: official undergraduate transcripts with certified English translations and strong cumulative grade point average, strong testing scores (GMAT/GRE), and other English training.
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.